Silver Sneakers offers Online Fitness Options
News for CTPF UHC Medicare Advantage PPO and Humana HMO members
CTPF retired members who enrolled in the UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage PPO or Humana HMO and participate in SilverSneakers may have some additional options. SilverSneakers (https://tools.silversneakers.com/) is helping members stay safe and healthy during #COVID19 with free virtual activities that members can engage in and remain safe, but be active in their homes and also continue to feel connected socially.
As the pandemic of COVID-19 continues to evolve, Tivity Health has partnered with SilverSneakers. Tivity is aligned in the interest of supporting SilverSneakers ongoing activity so members stay healthy and strong, and feel equipped to resume their normal gym activity when ready. During this period of time, SilverSneakers will begin communicating with members through multiple channels about the many ways in which they can engage in SilverSneakers beyond the gym. SilverSneakers intent is to support all members during this time and help them find the right activities that keep them active. This includes, but is not limited to:
- SilverSneakers “Livestream” classes offered via video conferencing technology
- SilverSneakers “Go ” digitally-led activities such as guided walks
- SilverSneakers instructors and fitness network locations hosting live broadcast events
- OnDemand classes and workshops available 24-7 through the SilverSneakers member portal
- FLEX instructors hosting instructor-led events in open spaces
SilverSneakers is a program encouraging older adults to participate in physical activities that will help them to maintain greater control of their health. SilverSneakers sponsors activities and social events designed to keep those 65 and older healthy while encouraging social interaction.