Chicago Teachers' Pension Fund
Pension Rep Stipends and Attestation Forms
Pension Reps qualify for a $100 stipend if they viewed a webinar and shared election information with teachers during the 2020 election cycle. In order to receive a stipend, Pension Reps must complete an Attestation Form. Payments will be made on a rolling basis, beginning in January, for forms received after November 20, 2020. Email completed forms to email@example.com for processing
- Teachers Elected
Voting in the CTPF Teacher Trustee election closed at 5:00 p.m. on November 6, 2020.
- 2020 Candidate Information
Four members were certified as candidates for the 2020 Chicago Teachers' Pension Fund Teacher Trustee Election (in random order). Click here to view the official election certification.
- Teacher Trustee Election Assistance
- If you need assistance voting in the Teacher Trustee Election, contact YesElections help desk by phone 1.844.413.2929 or email CTPFsupport@yeselections.com.
- Information for Pension Representatives
Pension Representatives provide a valuable link between schools and CTPF and we appreciate your assistance throughout the year. Assisting with the Teacher Trustee election is the primary duty of a Pension Representative, and this year since teachers will not be in schools, the process will be different. Please read the information below to help keep your colleagues informed and make sure you qualify to receive the 2020 Election Stipend.
2020 Attestation Form
Pension Representatives receive $50 for viewing an election webinar and an additional $50 for distributing digital election information to their colleagues. You must complete and return an Attestation Form to receive your stipend. Please return this form to CTPF NO LATER than Friday, November 20, 2020, to receive your stipend check in December. Attestation forms received after November 20, 2020, will be held for a second round of stipend payments to occur in the new year.
Note: During the pandemic electronic submission is highly encouraged.
Complete and Return Your Credentials Form
Pension Representative Webinar
The Pension Rep webinar offered this week are now available on-demand. Click the link below, and enter the passcode: &WK7eF.E when prompted to view the webinar.
Digital Tool Kits
CTPF is asking Pension Representatives to distribute electronic information to colleagues so they are aware of election changes. CTPF digital tools for Pension Reps with information that can be shared using email or other electronic means available at school. We appreciate your assistance in distributing this information using the resources you have available.
Pension Rep Emails
- December 4 Pension Rep Communication
- November 19 Pension Rep Communication
- November 17 Pension Rep Communication
- November 10 Pension Rep Email
- November 6 Pension Rep Email
- October 23 Pension Rep Email
- October 16 Pension Rep Email
- October 9 Pension Rep Email
- October 2 Pension Rep Email
- September 25 Pension Rep Email
- September 18 Pension Rep Email
- September 11 Pension Rep Email
- August 13 Pension Rep Email -- Canvassing Board
- CTPF Election Policy
August 20, 2020, the CTPF Board of Trustees revised the Election policy to allow for online collection of nominating petition signatures and the mailing of voting credentials for the 2020 Teacher Trustee Election.
The updated CTPF Election Policy includes additional information.
- Teacher Trustee Candidate Eligibility
Individuals who wish to run for office must meet the following criteria as of October 1, 2020:
- Be a CTPF Member, other than a Principal/Administrator, as defined by the Illinois Pension Code (40 ILCS5/17-106);
- Have been assigned on a regular certificate for at least 10 years in the Chicago Public Schools or Charter schools within District 299 (this includes anyone who is licensed and has worked in the Chicago Public Schools or Charter Schools for at least 10 years on a regular certificate, including as a substitute); and
- Be nominated by a petition signed by at least 200 contributors who are not Principal/Administrators, as provided in 40 ILCS 5/17- 139(1). Teacher Trustee nominating petitions must have at least 200 legible handwritten signatures or validated digital signatures from Members who would be eligible to vote in the election being conducted had the election occurred at the time the Member signs the nominating petition.
- Nomination Packets
Nomination packet requests were due by 5:00 p.m. on September 15.
Submitting Completed Nomination Packets
A candidate’s signed nomination petition(s) must be received by the Election Coordinator or his/her designee, on behalf of the Recording Secretary, by U.S. Mail, email, or facsimile. The Fund reserves the right to request a candidate’s original nomination petitions.
Due to the pandemic email or fax submission is encouraged. Send petitions (.pdf or .jpg) to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 312.641.7185.
Completed nomination packets must be returned to CTPF between September 16 and October 1, 2020, at 5:00 p.m., (CT). Nominating petitions received after the deadline will not be accepted.
- Candidate Resume and Photo
The candidate resume and any accompanying photo must be submitted to the Election Coordinator, on behalf of the Recording Secretary, via email at email@example.com, by October 1, 2020, at 5:00 p.m. (CT).
- Eligibility Criteria for Voters
Teachers who are not administrators shall be eligible to vote for Teacher Trustees in accordance with Sections 17-138 and 139. Every Member must have obtained that voter eligibility status on or before October 1, 2020.
- Voting Process
Voting shall be by secure electronic ballot.
Pension Representatives normally distribute voting credentials in schools. Since teachers will not be in schools this fall, voting credentials will be distributed by mail to teachers’ home addresses. Election reminders with voting credentials will also be emailed by the voting agent to all teachers with valid email addresses on file with CTPF.
Voting must be completed by 5:00 p.m. (CT), on November 6, 2020.
- Schedule of Election Events
February 18 Nomination packets are available. September 15 Last day to request nomination packets.
Packets must be requested by 5:00 p.m. (CT).
September 16 First day for Teacher Trustee candidates to submit
completed nomination petitions.
October 1 Last day to submit nomination packets. Completed
nomination packets due to CTPF by 5:00 p.m. (CT).
October 23 Unique voter identification numbers to be sent to all teachers by US mail. November 2-6 Online voting available through November 6, 2020, at
5:00 p.m. (CT).
November 6 Voting closes at 5:00 p.m. (CT). November 19 Trustees sworn in during CTPF Board of Trustees meeting.
- Campaign Activities
No intentional campaign activity by anyone, including but not limited to Trustees, employees, trustee candidates, or sponsoring organizations, is permitted on Fund property, including any space rented, leased, or otherwise used for a Fund event. The Fund may provide a designated area that is part of the property being rented, leased, or otherwise used by the Fund where campaign activity may be conducted by any person or organization. A list of events with designated space for campaign activities will be posted on the website (www.ctpf.org/calendar).