CTPF Board of Trustees Elections
The Chicago Teachers’ Pension Fund (CTPF) is governed by a 12-member Board of Trustees. Trustees include six trustees elected by the active teacher membership, one trustee elected by the active principals and administrators, three trustees elected by the retired membership, and two trustees appointed by the Board of Education.
2019 Open Positions
This fall, CTPF will hold elections for the following positions:
- Three (3) Pensioner Trustees to serve two-year terms from November 2019-2021 (voting October 18-November 7, 2019)
- Two (2) Teacher Trustees to serve three-year terms from November 2019-2022 (voting November 1-7, 2019)
- One (1) Principal/Administrator Trustee to serve a three-year term from November 2019-November 2022 (voting October 18-November 7, 2019)
A candidate for a Pensioner Trustee position must meet the following criteria as of October 1, 2019:
- Be a service, reciprocal, or disability pensioner receiving monthly payments from the Fund;
- Be nominated by a petition signed by not less than 100 pensioners, as provided in 40 ILCS 5/17-139(2).
A candidate for a Teacher Trustee position must meet the following criteria as of October 1, 2019:
- Be a member, other than a principal/administrator, as defined in 40 ILCS 5/17-106;
- Have been assigned on a regular certificate for at least 10 years in the Chicago Public Schools or charter schools within District 299 (this includes anyone who is licensed and has worked in the Chicago Public Schools or Charter Schools for at least 10 years on a regular certificate, including as a substitute);
- Be nominated by a petition signed by at least 200 contributors who are not principals/administrators, as provided in 40 ILCS 5/17-139(1).
A candidate for a Principal/Administrator Trustee position must meet the following criteria as of October 1, 2019:
- Be a principal/administrator as defined in 40 ILCS 5/17-106.1;
- Be nominated by a petition signed by at least 25 contributors who are principals/administrators, as provided in 40 ILCS 5/17-139.
Nominating packets are available through Friday, September 13, 2019. Call Gail Davis, Director of Administrative Services, at 312.604.1400, ext. 402, or email email@example.com to request a packet. Completed nomination packets are due to the CTPF office at 5:00 p.m. (CST) on October 1, 2019. Nominating petitions received after the deadline will not be accepted.
The official election notice which includes eligibility information, directions for requesting a nomination packet, and the election calendar has been posted to CTPF’s Election Central Page.