Novmeber 1-5, 2021, CTPF will hold elections for:
- Two Teacher Trustees to serve three-year terms from November 2021 – 2024
- Three Pensioner Trustees to serve two-year terms from November 2021 – 2023
Nomination packets are now available. Contact Election Coordinator Gail Davis: 312.604.1400, ext. 402, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a packet.
Individuals who wish to run for office must meet the following criteria as of October 1, 2021.
- Be a CTPF Member, other than a Principal/Administrator, as defined by the Illinois Pension Code (40 ILCS5/17-106);
- Have been assigned on a regular certificate for at least 10 years in the Chicago Public Schools or Charter schools within District 299 (this includes anyone who is licensed and has worked in the Chicago Public Schools or Charter Schools for at least 10 years on a regular certificate, including as a substitute); and
- Be nominated by a petition signed by at least 200 contributors who are not Principal/Administrators, as provided in 40 ILCS 5/17- 139(1).
- Be a service, reciprocal, or disability pensioner receiving monthly payments from the Fund;
- Be nominated by a petition signed by not less than 100 pensioners, as provided in 40 ILCS 5/17-139(2)
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR VOTERS
- Teachers who are not administrators shall be eligible to vote for Teacher Trustees in accordance with Sections 17-138 and 139. Every Member must have obtained that voter eligibility status on or before October 1, 2021.
- Pensioners receiving a service, reciprocal, or disability pension from CTPF as of October 1, 2021, shall be eligible to vote for Pensioner Trustee.
SCHEDULE OF ELECTION EVENTS
Nomination packets available.
Last day to request nomination packets. Packets must be requested by 5:00 p.m. (CT).
First day for Teacher Trustee candidates to submit completed nomination petitions.
Last day for Teachers and Pensioners to submit nomination packets. Completed nomination packets due to CTPF at 5:00 p.m. (CT).
Week of October 18
Election materials mailed and online voting available.
Voting closes for all elections at 5:00 p.m. (CT). All mail-in ballots for the Pensioner Trustee election must be received by this date and time.
Trustees sworn in during CTPF Board of Trustees meeting